Saturday 12 May 2012

Gosh, haven't even started work yet

And already my life has been too hectic to blog lol! And I will only be working 2 days a week at this stage, it's not like it will be full on. Yet somehow I have been run off my feet. Go figure.

I did however find the time to bake some biccies the other night. Problem was, I was baking them over dinner time, and I was a lil distracted. The timer went off to say they are ready, and I checked them but they were a lil anaemic so I left them in there for a couple more minutes. Didn't bother resetting the alarm, surely I wouldn't forget in 2 minutes right? WRONG. 11 minutes later I had my "oh shit!" moment. However, aside from being a lil dry, they are still perfectly edible luckily!!

It's a recipe from my other fave cookbook - The Readers Digest "Grandma's Quick and Thrifty Cookbook". Classic recipe. Quick, easy and cheap to make - just the way I like it :)




Jam Drops

125g butter, at room temperature (I just used dairy free spread straight from the fridge)
1/3 cup (80g) caster sugar (or normal sugar..)
1 egg
1 cup (150g) self raising flour (or plain flour and 1 tsp baking powder)
1/2 cup (75g) plain flour
1/4 cup (30g) cornflour
raspberry jam (or any jam really, I used plum)

Preheat oven to 180*c. Line two baking trays with baking paper (I found I only needed one tray).
Using electric beaterm cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and beat until well combined. Sift the flours and cornflour over the mixture, then stir using a large metal spoon until well combined.

Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the baking trays (Mine were more like tablespoon sized haha). Using your thumb, make small indentations in the centre of each biscuit, then spoon about 1/4 tsp of jam into each dent.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then store in airtight containers.

VARIATIONS - Instead of topping the biscuits with jam, you can use a small item of confectionery, such as a 'freckle' or 'smartie' - or brush them with egg white before baking and sprinkle them with hundreds and thousands.


And in other news, my friend sent through a picture of her Herman baby, all baked. her family all enjoyed it too - she also made the classic Herman. This links to the start of Herman, and this links to my Herman all baked and yummy. - Just so you know what I'm talking about here :)

I think she did well, she was the only friend of mine who didn't manage to kill Herman (and I'm still yet to figure out what one of my friends did to kill hers, the other got attacked by ants so I can understand that lol!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment