Wednesday 7 November 2012

Another recipe from the back of my cupboard

So I really couldn't be bothered baking last night but the kids had nothing yummy to put in their lunchboxes today (normally I at least have a box of muesli bars in the cupboard for when we run out of baking, but I forgot to buy some on my last supermarket trip!). So I had to force myself up and to do it, and I remembered I had not long ago bought a new slice tin (previously I have used various other non slice tins to bake slices in haha) so I decided I must make a slice. This is my favourite slice recipe I think, have been making it for a few years, grabbed it out of a magazine. It's easy and really yummy. Downside, I cannot stop eating it!
 
Oh, and as an aside - YAY I finally bought myself a new (second hand, because I keep breaking them) camera! Much easier to take pics and do blog posts now woohoo!



Chocolate Chip Slice
Courtesy of NZ Women's Weekly

125g butter (or dairy free alternative)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 c choc chips

Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Mix in the flour, baking soda and chocolate chips until all combined.
Bake for 15mins at 180*c in a slice tin (I scrape the mixture into the dish, then using wet hands I flatten it and even it out).
Once cool, ice with chocolate icing (see below)

Choc Icing

2 cups icing sugar
1 Tbsp cocoa
25g butter / marg, melted
2-3 tsp hot water

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with enough hot water to make a firm icing. Spread over cooled slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment