Sunday 25 March 2012

A recipe request

I had a recipe request from my cousin, wanting a chocolate muffin recipe. That made me realise it had been a long time since I last made chocolate muffins, so told her I would get right onto it. And so I did. But it also made me realise I had lost my old double choc muffin recipe I used to make all the time - it was one that was on the back of a packet of something I used to buy, and stupidly assumed it would always be there. But alas, the old packet got thrown out, new packet came in, and no more recipes on the back. So since then, I haven't really made them.

This recipe is off the Cadbury website - I mean, you can't go wrong with recipes off a chocolate website can you?




Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Serves 15

Ingredients
3 cups plain flour
3 tablespoons Cocoa
1 tablespoon baking powder
1½ cups brown sugar (I did 1 cup)
200g (8 rows)  Dark Cooking Chocolate, chopped (or I actually just used 200g of chocolate drops as that's all I had... the Pams brand aren't the most chocolately tasting ones but they are dairy free)
1½ cups milk (rice milk)
120g butter, melted (dairy free spread..)
2 eggs, lightly beaten

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the brown sugar and chocolate. Stir to combine. Add the milk, butter and eggs. Mix until just combined, but do not over-beat. (I underlines that because that is a common mistake people make when making muffins. They aren't like cakes and cupcakes, just a gentle stir until all the ingredients are combined is all that is needed)
  2. Spoon the mixture into medium (5 cm) greased muffin pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
  3. Leave in the pan for 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm.

And how did I find mine came out? Really yummy actually. Haven't eaten one cold yet, I do wonder why they say to serve warm - are they going to be gross tomorrow? Will update this post once I have tried one cold. They could maybe have done with a smidgen more cocoa powder, will have to try it again with an extra tablespoon or something, see how that goes!

Editting to say - they are still pretty damned good eaten cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment