Sunday 22 April 2012

School's Back Tomorrow, so that means

School Baking!

Really, it was the last thing I felt like doing this arvo - spent 11 hours yesterday at mr 7's Taekwondo tournament, then up at the crack of dawn this morning to travel down to watch hubby in his first triathlon. So I am POOPED!

But then I realised school and kindy are back tomorrow (and we have a hospital trip too to get the cast off the little one) and they don't have a lot for their lunch boxes, certainly no baking! I have been a bit slack on the baking thing lately.

Wasn't feeling very inspired, and wanted to try something different, so browsed the Chelsea Sugar website for something new, where I came across this muffin recipe. Sounded different, but using all basic ingredients I have, so gave it a try.



Carrot and Pineapple Muffins


1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup Chelsea White Sugar (I used 3/4c)1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup grated carrot
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional: sultanas or raisins (I didn't)


Sift dry ingredients into a bowl. Beat together eggs, vanilla essence and oil. Add to flour mixture. Add carrots, sultanas, pineapple and juice, mix well.
Fill greased muffin cups and bake at 200°C for 20 minutes. (I would start checking after about 12 mins to see if they are cooked)
Makes 12 large muffins.


I think 20 mins is too long for baking time. They are a bit dry. I should have watched them baking but it has been a big weekend, I bunged them in the oven, set the timer and blobbed on the couch till my alarm went off! They are still perfectly edible though, and are perfect lunchbox fillers. The kids will happily eat them, that's what matters aye!

No comments:

Post a Comment